Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Well Managed

Well Managed

I spoke to Aruneshwar Gupta, a lawyer from Delhi, on the flight to Udaipur. He had seen the book I was reading, "Web of Debt" by Ellen Brown and asked me what I thought. I told him I was dumbfounded by how utterly corrupt the entire world's financial systems were. He had a jovial nature about him and he chuckled when he replied in his thick indian accent, "they are not corrupt, mark, they are well-managed."

Of course, from the perspective of the rothschilds, the rockefellers and the handful of others who call the shots, he is absolutely correct. And since it was beginning to make me too serious and too upset, it was good that he could get me to laugh about it.

He was very interested in the straw bale housing project I had been working on in pakistan. He invited me to look him up when I get to delhi and made a suggestion about building some straw bale homes in India. It would certainly be worth talking about.

Other than that, the flight to Udaipur was uneventful until I picked up my backpack at the luggage carousel. It was then that I realized that ½ of the belt that attaches around my hips was…gone. I was more than a bit surprised to find that the very thick, very wide and very tough piece of plastic that previously held it in place had been ripped apart. This is not something that a human, not even Arnold Schwarzenegger, could do. Clearly it got caught in some machinery and I won't be able to repair it until I can get a replacement part back home.

But Koi Bat Nahin, I still have my shoulder straps.

I arrived at Rita and David's house tues. (10/19) afternoon. They are both gone but I was met by their business associate, mr. kabra. Rita is in delhi and I hope to stay here until she returns on the 23rd. The place is spectacular, with a view of lake pichola from a rise just a bit out of town. It will be a very relaxing few days here and I find mr. kabra's company quite agreeable.

No comments:

Post a Comment